Video Producer (with Design capability!)
We’re currently looking for an awesome and courageous video producer with design experience to join the immediate future family. You’ll be working with some of the biggest, and most recognised, consumer, travel, lifestyle, and entertainment brands in the market.
To secure this position we’ll need you to move from the comfort of being behind a camera lens, to going in front of the camera. We want to see a short video of you answering 5 questions. You’ll find the video link containing role detail and your questions at the bottom of this advert.
Why immediate future? Well, we’re biased, but, here goes:
- We’re a multi-award-winning agency – we regularly smash it out of the park; Best Use of Social Media Advertising (two-years on the spin) and Social Media Campaign / Strategy of the Year are our most recent – they also just happen to be some of the most prestigious within our industry
- We work with brilliant brands who possess amazing teams. Now, every agency probably says this, but how many agencies are able to tell you they’ve been backed by clients to go and try doing stuff, that no one else in the industry has done before? We’re backed, brilliantly, by some of the best and bravest brands and client teams around
- The Media love us – particularly Broadcast. We’re BBC News and BBC World News regulars; when the Cambridge Analytica excrement hit the mass media fan, BBC News turned to us to help their network and it’s 200m global viewers understand what just happened, and what the fallout will be
- Our people are amazing. And no, I’m not just saying that. Check out our #MeetTheIFers video series on Twitter and Facebook; you’ll see for yourself!
- Our offices are the muts… but, then, as Google is one of our clients, it kinda has to be! That said, we’ve got a Gazeebo and a Gin Bar, and they haven’t, so to us, our office is better!
- Location: no, we’re not in manic central London; and our team (sadly) don’t all have beards long enough to warrant being based in Shoreditch. Instead, we’re based in Kingston Upon Thames. Granted, it means we have to put up with riverside drinking and having to choose from about 50 different lunchtime cuisine options in the food market that’s only 100-yards away. Do spare a thought for us. The struggle is real!
- We’ve a truly collaborative environment; it’s not a wall-displayed value (who does that?!?), it’s part of our DNA and lived by our teams daily. We don’t have to enforce this value; our teams possess it, live it and own it daily. And you should too!
- Oh, and I should probably mention, we’re Facebook Partners. It basically means we get to do some incredibly cool stuff, have access to information before it hits the public domain and we’ve a wonderful support structure from industries biggest channel
- We have fun. Lots of it. If this isn’t for you, then au revoir. Thanks for reading
OK, so you’re still reading. This is wonderful news.
What are we looking for?
A curious, reliable, progressive and well-organised video producer (with design capabilities) who possess a passion and hunger for content creation and storytelling. You’ll need to be able to operate Canon DSLRS and Broadcast Cameras – we own and run Blackmagic URSA Broadcast, and Blackmagic Studio Cameras. You’ll also have a keen eye for lighting, framing and ‘seeing a story’, and your editing skills will turn Shots, GVs and B-roll into impactful and emotive stories.
We film docu-style, talking heads, and live outside broadcasts. For our live OBs we own and run the full array of production broadcast equipment enabling live broadcast to multiple channels simultaneously.
About 60% of your time will be spent across video production; we have a weekly video series #SeriousSocial and a monthly video series #MeetTheIFers, and of course this is interspersed with client requirements. We film both domestically and internationally – you may have seen our recent Fujitsu Forum LIVE Outside Broadcast. Travel, rigging, rehearsal, broadcast and derig meant the team were away for a full week. During an OB long hours, high pressure and demanding schedules are the norm. In the past six months we’ve delivered two high profile LIVE OBs – RAF100 Flyby at Buckingham Palace and Fujitsu Forum. In 2019, we expect more OBs happening with greater frequency.
Currently though, 60% of your time will be spent on video production and the remainder of your time will be spent assisting our design studio. Typical duties include:
- Resizing existing client assets across their social channels
- Animating still visuals (anything from text overlays to cinemagraphs)
- Shattering videos into bite-sized clips for social
- Repurposing client visuals for different platforms (i.e. creating a ontage from landscape video to fit into a vertical Instagram Story)
- Using Adobe CC (Illustrator, Premier Pro and After effects)
- Using Plotaverse
As I said at the start, to secure this role we need to see a video of you answering 5 questions. You can find the video link here:
When you send your video answering the questions, be sure to also submit your show reel and CV – email us on firstname.lastname@example.org , and we will get right back in touch
We look forward to hearing from you soon.