Salary: £40-55k per annum
Annual leave: 28 days, including 3-day Christmas closure, plus all bank holidays as standard
Location: FTC Remote/Hybrid, Permanent Hybrid – working Tue-Thur in central Kingston upon Thames, Mon/Fri at home
Company laptop with accessories provided
Commuting loans available
What are we looking for?
Curious, reliable, progressive and well-organised Senior Account Manager who possess a passion and hunger for all things social media. Whether you’re an existing specialist Social Media Account Manager, or an Account Manager who’s been working across marketing disciplines including social media, then we want to hear from you. The key parts being you will have experience of managing and progressing social media campaigns and experience of agency life.
Let’s start with the day-to-day, you’ll be undertaking the following:
- Strategic planning, workshops and document creation alongside senior team members
- Overseeing social audits and editorial calendars
- Managing and creating project documents such as content plans and paid media plans
- Social media copywriting and proofreading, creative concepting – active yourself, and guiding, editing and provide constructive feedback to the junior team on their content creation
- Running and contributing to brainstorms, client meetings and pitches
- Working closely with our design team, Exec Producer and external production to shape, plan and execute thumb-stopping social content from photography to full motion video
- Overseeing community and influencer management, where needed on client accounts
- Managing client relationships through regular emails, status calls and meetings
- Reviewing call/meeting notes, keeping our project plan documents/board up to date
- Reviewing reporting data on an Observation, Implication Action framework
- Multi-tasking to deliver tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Contributing to the IF marketing function – creating IF case studies, blog & post writing, paid media
Are you a match for this role? You’ll need:
- 3-5 years’ experience, preferably in an agency. You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that needs you to seamlessly spin differing (client) plates
- Experience in B2C marketing – ideally, to match our client roster in the travel, food & drink, technology and e-commerce sectors
- The ability to communicate with peers and clients of all levels; our Leadership team are all hands-on (particularly when there is a crazy insane project or brainstorm afoot)
- To be a planner – if you really know social, you know it takes high speed planning with a solid structure and strategy running underneath
- A passion for social media; you’ll have various profiles (we will check!). How can you manage campaigns if you’re not a channel user yourself?!
- To generate ideas – not alone (see below middle name!), but you’ll be able to use a strategic approach and brand personas to create engaging visual and copy content. You can develop copy and creative concepts for social content, storyboards, videos, instant experiences, live streaming… the list goes on
- To work easily with anyone and everyone – collaboration is our middle name. Solo missions create stress, and diversity of thinking and ideas from your colleagues will always create a stronger creative output
- To be accountable – manage projects hands-on, owning its delivery and completion
- The confidence to speak up – there are no bad ideas. You’ll also need to be willing to concede if there’s a better idea that comes up, though!
- To enjoy mentoring others – IF is a learning environment, at all levels – it’s impossible to keep up with everything on social, so every day is a school day. You can support the junior team in their progression, identifying training needs, encouraging them to develop their skills and supporting our collaborative culture
- A minor obsession with social – watching developments on the multiple social media channels closely including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, and LinkedIn – any new formats or ways to target audiences via paid are super important to our innovative approach
- Familiarity with paid social – from strategy to deployment and reporting, you’ll have used and be able to guide others on Ads & Campaign Managers across social platforms
- An eye for detail and a consistent approach to administration will allow you to maintain effective service levels, monitor profitability and manage delivery of projects, reporting to the Leadership team on a monthly basis
- Energy – we’re not a quiet bunch. Work should also be fun, so bring your smile and get stuck in
- To be interested in progression; we’ve a meritocratic environment and love developing from within
Why immediate future? Well, we’re biased, but here goes:
- Our people are amazing. And no, I’m not just saying that. Check out our social profiles on LinkedIn; you’ll see for yourself!
- We don’t rely on our bean bags and gin bar for “culture”, we operate a “leave no man behind” approach. We check in 3-4 times per week with all-hands calls for office and remote colleagues, to share challenges, lean in to help on tasks and ensure no one is overwhelmed. At the end of the day, we encourage each other to get offline – late working is rare, honestly, creative brains need time to recharge!
- We’ve a truly collaborative environment; it’s not a value in a poster on the wall, it’s part of our DNA and lived by our teams daily. In every part of the business, we live it and own it daily. And you should too!
- We work with brilliant brands who possess amazing teams. Now, every agency probably says this, but how many agencies can tell you they’ve been backed by clients to go and try doing stuff, that no one else in the industry has done before? We’re backed, brilliantly, by some of the best and bravest brands and client teams around
- We’re a multi-award-winning agency – there are a bunch of trophies in our cabinet, won over the last 18+ years in business
- Location: hybrid – the office isn’t in manic central London; and our team (sadly) don’t all have beards long enough to warrant being based in Shoreditch. Instead, we’re based in Kingston upon Thames. Granted, it means we must put up with riverside drinking and having to choose from about 50 different lunchtime cuisine options in the food market that’s only 100-yards away
- We shut down between Christmas and New Year, everyone gets those 3 days off. On top of that, we offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Frequently we’ll add to this – in 2020/21 we’ve added several half and full days off as mental health days for the whole business
- There are a bunch of other benefits like commuting loans, mental health support and mindfulness coaching, a company laptop with accessories, plus fab agency offices and parties
- We have fun. Lots of it. If this isn’t for you, then au revoir. Thanks for reading
OK, so you’re still reading. This is wonderful news.
What happens next?
Apply! Send your CV and an introduction to why you’re suitable for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application is successful, we’ll contact you and move through the below stages. Interviews may be requested in person or virtually.
- DM / Email to confirm salary expectations, commute comfortability, notice period, requesting a video intro (LinkedIn only), and any other queries
- 1st interview – 30 minutes with the Associate Director
- 2nd interview – 45 minutes to present an assessment task to the Associate Director and Account Director
- 3rd interview – 1 hour split between the Managing Director / CEO and wider team
- Final decision
- 8-week induction once start date agreed