* VAIO P-series: the newest and most stylish form of ultra portable PC to keep you in touch and looking good wherever you are
* Windows or fast-access XrossMediaBar function – your choice depending on your immediate needs
* High-speed mobile broadband with embedded 3G technology
* Super light (638g) and compact yet comfortable typing and viewing experience
Sony today introduced the VAIO P-series, a refreshingly new ultraportable PC with a new form factor. A unique dimension slightly larger than an office letter envelope, this small VAIO easily slips in and out of your bag whenever you need it on the go. With the miniaturisation, style and flair sought after by active individuals, it’s a desirable item for the out and abouts. Open this stylish PC, and you have mobile broadband thanks to it’s 3G connectivity, GPS, a well designed full keyboard and a brilliant high resolution screen. It’s so light, petite and pleasing in the hand that it will make your activities and trips, whether far or near, a whole new experience.
The VAIO P weighs less than 640g – so light that you’d forget that you’re carrying it. Yet you can carry your passion and share it with friends, be it your photos, videos or music. With vibrant colours and brightness typical of VAIO’s X-black LCD, photos and videos are sharp and vivid. And for the writers and bloggers, a candid or inspirational moment won’t get missed when you want to write and keep those ideas safe whenever they pop up. The well-spaced keys spread across the full width of the chassis are ergonomic and responsive allowing a smooth and fluid typing action.
Complementing the exceptionally tactile experience is the sleek and sophisticated look of the VAIO P-series. It comes in four eye-catching colours, all with a high gloss piano finish; red, dark green, black and white. Available accessories to further enjoy your portable PC include matching colour carrying cases and Bluetooth® mice.
The screen measures 8-inches with a power efficient LED backlight and a resolution of 1600 x 768. Such high resolution means you won’t be scrolling the web browser side ways. You can even work comfortably with two windows side by side. A practical ‘resize’ button located below the keyboard automatically and equally distributes multiple windows across the screen.
Equipped with VAIO Everywair WWAN, the VAIO P-series allows mobile broadband at your fingertips. It has the latest high-speed standards capable of high speed download and upload using the 3G mobile phone network, so you can stay connected with friends, family and colleagues while on the go. You can check your emails during your daily commute, surf the web for news while waiting for friends, upload the latest images on social networking sites, post a blog or enjoy a video chat with the integrated Webcam. With GPS you have the added fun of locating restaurants, bars and other new places to discover.
You also have the convenient choice to start up in Windows Vista® or to access the Internet and other key functions using the XMBTM (XrossMediaBar) at the touch of a button. The XMB user interface, now familiar in PSPTM and in the latest BRAVIATM TVs, is perfect for a quick browse on the web, instant messaging, music playback, etc.
Furthermore, despite its small size, the VAIO P-series has 2GB of RAM and high standard, strong build quality, ready to accompany you in your high octane lifestyle.
This pretty and petite VAIO range will be available in the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Russia from February 2009. An exclusive model (VGN-P19VN/Q) is also available online for pre-order from Sony Style Store (www.sonystyle.eu). It has a 1.6GHz CPU and a Solid State Drive instead of a conventional hard drive, giving you 128GB of super-fast flash memory with the added advantages of enhanced reliability, further reduced weight (618g) and faster access to data.
|Processor||Intel® AtomTM Z530 Processor|
|OS||Genuine Windows Vista® Business with Service Pack 1|
|Memory||2048MB (On board)|
|HDD||128GB SSD Flash drive Serial ATA|
|Screen||8″ X-black LCD, 1600 x 768 resolution|
|Weight & Size||618 g, 120 mm (depth) x 245 (width) x 19.8 (height)|
|Others||VAIO Everywair WWAN (7.2Mbps HSDPA/2Mbps HSUPA), WLAN 802.11a/b/g/Draft-N, Bluetooth®, Motion Eye webcam|
Sony is engaged in a constant review of its manufacturing, operational and business practices to ensure that its products are developed in an environmentally responsible way. This approach can broadly be divided into three areas:
- VAIO P-Series models are ENERGY STAR® Computer Specification version 4.0 qualified.
- VAIO P-Series models have an LCD with white LED backlight, which is mercury-free and more energy efficient than a traditional lamp based backlight.
- All cover/housing plastic parts >25g as well as the motherboard (without components) are halogen-free. Parts containing halogenated flame retardants may pose a risk to the environment if disposed of improperly.
- Recycled paper or certified paper (eg FSC) is used for product packaging.
- Recycled paper is used for printed documentation.
- Volatile Organic Compound-free vegetable oil based ink is used for printing the packaging.
- Extended user documentation is provided electronically on the hard disk drive to reduce paper use.
Sony is determined to lead the way as a responsible manufacturer, and as a result we are focussing on three key areas of investment:
- Reducing CO2 gas emissions
- Increasing the percentage of renewable energy used in manufacturing facilities
- Minimising the resources used by our factories in manufacturing
- “Sony”, “XMB”, “PSP” and “BRAVIA” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Corporation. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.