- Stylish and innovative clock radio with dual Walkman® and Sony Ericsson phone charger
- Wake up to your choice of music from your phone or Walkman
- No need for cables and chargers strewn around the bedroom
Owners of Sony Ericsson mobile phones and Walkman music players are in for a pleasant surprise. As of now, you can start the day with the soundtrack of your choice – and a fully charged phone and Walkman, ready to go.
The ICF-C8WM is a clock radio with a very special difference: it will charge your Walkman or Sony Ericsson phone while you sleep, and wake you up with your own choice of music from either device. Or if you prefer, you can have your favourite radio station instead thanks to the built-in FM/AM tuner.
Styled to be a credit to any bedroom and featuring a cleverly designed slide-out charging dock, the ICF-C8WM solves a lot of problems. As well as waking you up with the right tunes and making sure vital kit like your phone or Walkman are fully charged, it makes the bedroom tidy. There’s no need for separate plugs, cables and chargers all over the place – it’s all taken care of in one sharp-looking package.
Control is a breeze thanks to a simple interface and a very useful omni-directional wireless remote for when reaching over is too much effort. To make sure the display is just right there are three brightness levels, and you finesse how you want to doze off and wake up with a sleep timer, a snooze timer and a dual alarm. Most importantly, if you have both a phone and Walkman docked, you can choose which one you want to use for music.
Finally, if there’s a power cut in the night, you will still get out of bed on time thanks to the NO Power NO Problem feature: an internal backup battery ensures uninterrupted operation even if the mains goes down.
ICF-C8WM Clock Radio Key Features
- FM+AM tuner
- Walkman® / Sony Ericsson compatible*
- Music playback from Walkman® / Sony Ericsson*
- Charge Walkman®/ Sony Ericsson phone*
- Dual alarm setting
- NO Power NO Problem (Back up battery in case of power outage)
- Remote control
- Sleep timer
- 0.8W RMS output
* To check phone model compatibility, please refer to the support websitehttps://support.sony-europe.com/QuickJump/clockradio
– Ends –
Sony is engaged in a constant review of its manufacturing, operational and business practices to ensure that its products are developed in an environmentally responsible way. This approach can broadly be divided into three areas:
- All seven models consume only 0.3W in Standby mode.
- Over 85% power efficiency of amplifier block is achieved with the full digital amplifier, S-Master.
- Halogenated materials can pose a risk to the environment if disposed of improperly. To minimize this risk, halogen-free flame retardants are used in certain printed wiring boards.
- Corrugated cardboard is not used for the packaging cushions. Packaging cushions are made from paper.
Sony is determined to lead the way as a responsible manufacturer, and as a result we are focussing on three key areas of investment:
- Reducing CO2 gas emissions
- Increasing the percentage of renewable energy used in manufacturing facilities
- Minimising the resources used by our factories in manufacturing
For more information please contact:
Silke Schild, Sony Europe
+44 (0)1932 816 507
About Sony Europe
Sony is a leading global innovator of audio, video, communications and information technology products for both the consumer and professional markets. Sony is renowned for its audio-visual products, such as the BRAVIA™ LCD High Definition (HD) television, Cyber-shot™ digital camera, Handycam® camcorder and Walkman® MP3 player as well as its VAIO™ personal computers and HD professional broadcast equipment, highlighted by the XDCAM™ HD. Offering a complete end-to-end HD value chain and with its electronics, music, pictures, game and online businesses, Sony is one of the world’s leading digital entertainment brands, employing approximately 170,000 people worldwide.
Through its long-term football partnerships as an official sponsor of the UEFA Champions League until 2012, Official FIFA Partner until 2014 and global sponsor of the FIFA World Cup™ in 2010 and 2014, Sony is inspiring a sense of excitement for the millions of football fans around the world.
“Sony”, “WALKMAN”, “VAIO”, “Cyber-shot”, “Handycam”, “BRAVIA” and “XDCAM” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Corporation. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.