So, you have checked your analytics for the week and your followers on Instagram has gone up! *Celebrates* However genuine those followers are, you want to ensure that you are doing all you can to keep them there and engaged. Whilst it’s challenging to grow your brand on this busy platform organically it’s important you still have a quality Instagram feed. Avoid some of these common mistakes brands make.
- Quality! There are over 100M* photos and videos uploaded to Instagram daily, so your low-quality photo’s are not going to cut it if you want to remain professional. Take time to shoot, edit and post quality photos.
- Finding the right consistency balance. You have heard it one hundred times, consistency is key! Stick to your regular posting plan and avoid posting too much.
- What’s your theme? Is your feed easy on the eyes? It’s great to visually communicate your brand’s theme across Instagram.
- You are silent. No engagement across your page can make your follower count go down. If someone comments, find interesting ways to engage.
- Fake Likes and Followers. Whatever you do, don’t fall into this trap of buying followers or likes. It can even result with Instagram banning or deleting your account.
- Boring captions. Get creative with your captions it’s an easy way to have thumb stopping post.
It’s never too late to make some of those small changes to your account and hopefully, your follower count will not continue to drop.