November 8, 2022
Work – eat – sleep – repeat
Is this you?
International Stress Awareness Week 2022 takes place from Monday 7th November to Friday 11th November. An annual event focusing on stress management and campaigning against the stigma associated with stress and mental health issues – and this year’s theme is Working Together to Build Resilience and Reduce Stress.
Let’s talk about stress and anxiety in the workplace and how to deal with this.
As people who work in an agency, it’s easy to put ourselves under pressure, but the pressure that we are placing on ourselves can quickly turn into stress. Then starts the snowball of self-criticism and doubt coming down on you, and then we fall into a stress loop.
How do we break that cycle and do something different?
First of all, we need to identify signs of stress:
- Increased irritability
- Tiredness or exhaustion
- Skipping breaks despite needing one
- Not being able to disconnect after work hours
Now we have identified the signs, here are 5 ways to leave work stress AT WORK!
- Tidy up your desk space, and maybe add a personal touch!
- Write your to-do list for the next day
- Change out of your work clothes and into something comfy when you get home
- Create a ritual you enjoy that marks the end of your work day (e.g. exercising, reading, spending time with family/friends)
- DON’T check work emails after working hours!
We know it is easier said than done, but attempting to manage your stress before it gets out of control is important…
And if you’re in need of a VERY relatable pick-me-up video, we hope this video helps for a minute, let’s have a laugh 👇🏻
At IF we are taking this opportunity as a team for 15 min a day to get together and take a break to listen to mindfulness at the office, what about you?