August 15, 2022
When it comes to promoting your brand on social, hashtags can be a key way to drive views, likes, and shares.
Hashtags are a great way of labelling and finding a niche in social media. They make all your content easily discoverable and also, they allow users to find and engage with content related to common interests.
Now we know how hashtags could help promote your brand on social – here are some tips to help you choose the perfect hashtags for you!
Keep it simple ✋🏻
One of the key points is picking hashtags that people are searching for and can easily remember. Using long and difficult hashtags to remember will not give you a good result. The key is finding out the topics relevant to your audience.
Don’t overuse hashtags! 🙅🏻♀️
10+ hashtags can reduce engagement by 68.2%, as inferred from the Social Baker study.
Hashtags can be used on just about any social media platform, but they’re most popular on Twitter and Instagram.
- Twitter: Because of character count restrictions, avoid using more than 2 hashtags per tweet for best engagement.
- Facebook: Use 2 hashtags on Facebook; one popular hashtag and one custom hashtag for your brand.
- Instagram: It allows up to 30; however, keep it to no more than 9 per post for better engagement.
- LinkedIn: There is no constraint on the usage of hashtags. But it has been recommended to limit it to a maximum of 5. Otherwise, LinkedIn Algorithm could mark your posts as spam.
- Pinterest: Use 2 hashtags on Pinterest to help pinners to find relevant content.
- TikTok: Use 4-5 hashtags on TikTok to boost your reach on the platform.
Brand engagement/strategy 🔎
Choose specific hashtags when possible, this will most likely attract a targeted audience. Your competition is probably already using hashtags in their social media strategy. Doing research on what hashtags they are using could also help your brand, pay attention to how much or how little they use hashtags and what the responses are. A successful hashtag strategy starts with knowing your audience and taking the time to be familiar with what works on each platform.
They are just a few tips on how to improve your hashtags strategy and become a Social media superstar but, remember you have to be unique and reach your community using hashtags, although using generic hashtags will help you can also incorporate trending and branded hashtags to get more engagement on socials.
But hashtags won’t help you instantly, you have to be consistent!
If you want more tips, you can follow us on our social pages or read our basic tips for social media here: https://immediatefuture.co.uk/blog/social-media-tips-the-basics/