If you’re a small business looking to grow and haven’t considered the potential benefits of using social media, you may want to keep reading. We’ve put a concise list together touching upon just some of the many reasons social media is an effective tool in helping grow your business.
- Increase brand awareness – nearly half of the people on this Earth are using some form of social media platform to communicate, buy, sell and do whatever else they see fit. And they aren’t just connecting with brands they’re aware of, 60% of Instagram users discover new products on the platform.
- Humanise your brand – recent studies have suggested that more than half of adults will only fully trust a brand when they see ‘proof’ that the brand is keeping its promises. That means showing customers exactly who you are and what you do!
- Become a thought leader in your industry – social media gives your brand the opportunity to give opinions and information on issues and topics relevant to you and your audience. This is a great way to further humanise your brand and build trust through conversation with your audience.
- Increase traffic – sharing great content from your blogs and websites is an effective way of getting more readers.
- Work with influencers – let those with bigger followings and influence promote your product and get more eyes on your brand or product.
- Source content and get involved with the online conversation – talk to your followers, listen to them and chat with them! It will help you shape your product, the direction of your business and also inspire your content production moving forward.
- Customer service and support – social media is the go-to place to get in touch with brands. Customers are more likely to tweet than pick up the phone. On top of that, those customers who receive speedy answers and good customer service are more likely to spend more the next time around.
We could go on, but then we’d be here all day and we know you’re busy too. If you found this helpful, and want to know more, Contact us when you have a moment and we’ll be happy to talk all things social.