By if-admin | July 1, 2019
No matter how major or minuscule the update, here at immediate future, we just love to hear about them! And, we love to figure out how we can use the new features to develop our and our clients’ social strategies too.
June certainly didn’t disappoint, Twitter especially, with announcements flying around every week! Searches, list updates, and warning labels, to name a few, were all announced within the past week, but just how useful will these tweaks be?
Most recently announced, the search updates, will allow users to view more context around their search and help guide them to the results they actually want. For example, if you were to search for @IFTweeter, you will see how active the account has been recently and also how the accounts are connected – ie. Which of your followers, follow that account?
So, how can this be useful for brands?
- Better audience insights – who do they follow? What are those accounts doing to keep them engaged?
- Understanding competitors – how often do they Tweet? Who follows them?
- And, the option to follow the right accounts to appear in relevant searches.
Another recent update highlights the underrated feature on Twitter, lists. Easy to use and extremely helpful, Twitter lists give users the ability to create custom-feeds – seeing the content from specific accounts without having to search. Sounds ideal, right? Well, to increase the popularity of the feature, Twitter has announced its testing out adding a swipeable function to reach them straight from their feed.
What’s that you say? How can this be useful for brands? Well…
- Keep your audience engaged and interested – make it known to your followers that to stay on top of your news, they can do it with the swipe of a finger!
- Know what your competitors are doing – don’t get lazy. With the swipe of a finger, you’ll be able to see what your competitors are up to instantly.
Although not huge, any update is an update worth knowing. And we’re always here to help you stay on top of it all with our weekly Social Snapshots. But, if that’s not enough and you want to know more about how these updates can improve your strategy, then get in touch!